1. Appoint only one member of your executive to be the authorized room booker. Provide the name and contact info for this person to the Internal Coordinator.
2. All space must be booked a minimum of two (2) weeks in advance.
3. All bookings must be done online at https://docs.google.com/a/rsuonline.ca/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJ02stch_31fsVvChIIx699aInv8hkRxWH6pJHBAIuFEKrPA/viewform
4. Include set-up and clean-up time within your booking request times.
5. Include all relevant details when booking the room, including titles, names of speakers and if food will be served.
6. For Student Centre bookings, please read the terms and conditions carefully.
You will be contacted by e-mail once your booking is confirmed. For Ryerson Campus bookings, the RSU will forward a permit via email. This permit is required as proof for the room booking and must be brought to your event.
1. Affiliate groups can book a maximum of two rooms per semester during the academic year. Affiliate groups also have tabling privileges for no more than two (2) days maximum in any given week, up to a maximum of eight (8) days per each semester.
2. The Student Centre is closed on Sundays.
1. Rooms must be cancelled no later than 48 hours in advance. Inform the RSU's Internal Coordinator immediately for cancellations at email@example.com and indicate the room, date and time of booking as well as your group's name.
2. You will be penalised for no-shows.
3. At times it may be necessary for your room allocation to be changed but no later than 24 hours prior to your event. In that case, groups will be assigned a different space.
1. Rooms must always be left as you found them. Remove garbage and any other materials you have brought in; otherwise you will be charged a clean-up fee.
2. Any special set-up required such as chairs/tables must be done by your group otherwise you will be charged for set-up/tear-down. Special requests (chairs, tables, linens, etc.) must be received by the Tuesday before the week of your event. Note that there is a charge for linens.
1. If you require a cash bar, you must indicate the hours of the bar service. You will be charged for the bartenders' services. Arrangements for the bar must be confirmed at least a full week in advance by no later than the Wednesday of the week prior to the event.
2. You may not bring in your own alcohol or serve alcohol yourself.
3. Food must be served if alcohol service is provided.
1. Any arrangements that have a cost (e.g., food, beverages, and cash bars) must be approved through the Campus Groups Administrator before the event. Never make contact with either Ryerson Food Services or the Student Centre catering until speaking with the Campus Groups Administrator first!
2. You may bring your own food in to any room in the SCC except the Ram in the Rye.
3. BBQ's are available on the patio, but must be booked as a catered event. You cannot operate your own BBQ.
4. Purchase pop, desserts, etc. at grocery stores - your budget money will go further.
5. The RSU has discounted biodegradable cutlery, cups, plates and napkins available for purchase at the Member Services Office.
You must follow the following procedure in order to run movie nights:
You may also rent the movie from Criterion Pictures (Ryerson has purchased a license - contact Lesley D'Souza at JOR-04 x7352 for more info). Films cost are between $30-$40 to rent.
1. There is a $3.75 per tablecloth fee in the Student Centre.
2. A clean up fee may be charged if space is left soiled or littered.
3. Late closings: Occasionally, events may be held outside the Student Centre's regular hours (before 8am or after 11pm Monday to Saturday) but will be subject to a minimum $70 labour charge and up to $200 (a minimum two staff must stay on for a minimum of three hours to operate the building).
The RSU has made an investment in portable PA Systems and Data Projectors for the use of its Campus Groups when booking within the Student Centre, and many of the rooms are already equipped. Outside the Student Centre, arrangements can be made to reserve equipment on your behalf through Ryerson Media Services. To reserve any a/v equipment, please visit the RSU main office, SCC311 on the third floor of the Student Centre.
No a/v equipment can be borrowed overnight or taken off campus.