Changing Your Status

All students have the opportunity to opt in the plan at the beginning of the benefit year, should you have opted out in the past. Opt in forms are released late August (for Fall Term start students) or early January (for Winter Term start students) at the Health & Dental Plan benefit office, located in the Student Centre Lobby, 55 Gould St. You will see the charge for the plan appear in your account in November (Fall Term start students) or March (Winter Term start students).

If your current comparable coverage used to waive the student plan(s) terminates during the academic year, you have 30 days from loss of coverage to notify the RSU Members' Health and Dental Plan Administrator in order to be covered under the health and/or dental plan(s). You must provide payment of the fee as well as a written copy of notice of termination from either employer or insurance company. We will pro-rate the amount according to the remaining months of the benefit year, you can pay by cash or debit.  A letter from employer or insurance company stating the date you were terminated off this other plan must be submitted, and you need to complete an OPT IN form at our office.

If comparable coverage for your family terminates, you may apply to have your dependents covered under the health plan. It is your responsibility to apply for benefits. Please see the RSU Members' Health and Dental Plan Administrator for further details.

Any questions or inquiries please contact:

RSU Members’ Health & Dental Plan Administrator
Phone: 416-979-5255 x2311