Ryerson Graduate Students' Union (RGSU)
Career and Academic Support Application
The RGSU's Career and Academic Support Program is intended to help Ryerson graduate students present their research at academic events (e.g., conferences, seminars).
- Ryerson graduate student who is enrolled in a full-time or part-time program.
- RGSU member (i.e., a graduate student who has paid their RGSU membership fees for the year).
- Limited to 1 application/claim per academic year to a maximum of $500 per election year - MAY 1st, 2020 to APRIL 30th, 2021.
- The conference must occur between MAY 1st, 2020 and APRIL 30th, 2021 (i.e., you cannot apply for support before the conference has occurred).
- Funds are limited (based on the RGSU budget) and are paid on a first come first serve basis.
- Receipts must be dated in the same year as the claim (i.e., no receipts from previous years).
- Expenses related to conferences or seminars must be submitted after the event has occurred.
- Registration fees for conferences or seminars
- Travel expenses related to conferences and seminars (e.g., accommodations, transportation, food)
- Non-travel related expenses
- Alcohol and cannabis
- Applications will be reviewed by elected RGSU members within 3-4 weeks post- submission date.
- Only online submissions will be considered. Hard-copy applications will not be accepted or reviewed.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- The RGSU will email successful applicants when cheques are ready for pick-up at the front desk of the RSU located on the 3rd floor of the SCC Building, 55 Gould Street, Toronto.
- Successful applicants are required to fill in a T4A form at the front desk of the RSU when picking up their cheque. You will need your SIN number in order to fill in the form.
- Letter of Interest (maximum 250 words)
- Conference Details (i.e., description, registration, agenda)
- Proof of Conference Presentation (i.e., congratulations email from conference/seminar organizers, research abstract).
- Confirmation of Travel (e.g., boarding pass, bus or train ticket)
- Overview of Funding Received from Other Sources (e.g., supervisor, department, faculty, external)
- Receipts (must be dated within the same year as the claim)
- Detailed Summary of Expenses Based on Your Receipts
How to Apply