Who Are We?
The Ryerson Students’ Union represents over 38,000 full-time undergraduate and graduate students at Ryerson University, in downtown Toronto. As the central students’ union on campus, the RSU works to build campus life, advocate on behalf of its members, organize campaigns and initiatives, provide cost-saving services, and work with students across the province and country for a more affordable and accessible post-secondary education system.
For more information on the Ryerson Students’ Union, please check out our website at www.rsuonline.ca.
Note: The Ryerson Students’ Union is an independently incorporated and autonomous from Ryerson University.
The Students’ Union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: Aboriginal people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, members of the queer community, Trans community and women.
Member Services Coordinator
Positions Available: One (1)
Department: Member Service Office
Supervisor: Vice President of Operations
Start Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Position: Full-Time, Permanent, Unionized
Rate of Pay: $55,351.85 per year plus benefits
Hours Per Week: 40 hours
Posting Date: September 28, 2018
Closing Date: October 12, 2018
About the RSU:
The Ryerson Students’ Union (RSU) is currently seeking candidates to assist with operations at the Member Service Office. The Member Services Coordinator leads the Ryerson Students’ Union’s (RSU’s) direct interaction with its student-members, primarily through the Ryerson Students’ Union Member Services Office, or other designated front-line facilities.
About the MSO:
The Coordinator is directly supervised by the Vice President of Operations and will work closely with the Operations, HR, Finance, and Executives.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the RSU’s Member Services Office as the organization’s focal point for providing information and referrals related to the resources and services it provides.
- Primary staff person to oversee the operation, sales and administration of:- TTC Monthly passes and fares- Tickets for RSU events and other campus events and functions as determined by the Employer- Selling of other merchandise as determined by the Employer- Distribution of pamphlets, leaflets, or other informational devices of the RSU, CESAR and the Canadian Federation of Students- Distribution of International Student Identity Cards (ISICs) - Lost and Found Service- Providing general information and referrals where required to RSU members and the Ryerson community.
- Responsible for the administration of RSU’s participation in the Toronto Transit Commission “Volume Incentive Purchase” program, or similar programs. Ensures that all aspects of RSU’s agreement with the TTC are respected, as related to the sale of discounted Metropasses to Members and the Ryerson Community.
- Responsible for administration and marketing, in conjunction with the Management, the Internal Coordinator, and Canadian Federation of Students, of RSU’s participation in the International Student Identity Card service.
- Identifies opportunities to assist in the efficient provision of information, services, and resources related to other areas of RSU, where such opportunities fall within the mandate of the Member Services Office.
- Represents RSU through participation in meetings with University staff regarding the provision of information and resources to member-students, as required and directed by Management.
- Works with Management and the associated service partner on developing and executing marketing plans, outreach strategies and associated activities for the services mentioned above, including but not limited to the TTC Discount Metropass Program and the ISIC program.
- Provides advice and recommendations to Management as required regarding the delivery of the above-mentioned programs, including any contracts or agreements related thereto, and the delivery of new services and products in response to student needs and wants.9. As time permits, assists with other duties as assigned.
- Ensures supplies are ordered for the administration of the Member Services Office service.
- Prepares and reviews daily cash reports, monthly inventory reports, cheque requisitions, and other records of operation for submission to the Finance Coordinator and Executive Director of Operations and Services.
- Maintains and verifies cash floats.
- Ensures that a monthly inventory of all supplies and stock is conducted and cost and maintains awareness of current pricing issues.
- Periodically assesses equipment needs of the Member Services Office, researches new equipment, and makes recommendations to Management as required.
- Prepares annually an analysis of the operations of the Member Services Office including service improvements, expenditure and policy recommendations.
- Prepares and provides a detailed monthly report that includes an analysis of sales, inventories, and current operating issues to Management.
- Maintains and updates current staff manuals for the Member Services Office.
- Monitors and directs the work of the part-time Member Services Office staff.
- In conjunction with Management participates in the hiring, supervising, training and disciplining of part-time, work-study or summer personnel.
- Ensures that staff of the Member Services Office receives the necessary training to ensure they are adequately familiar with RSU’s, CESAR’s and the Student Centre’s resources and services. Works with Management on the development of proper training programs to reach these goals.
- Schedules all part-time personnel, monitors part-time hours and submits bi-weekly payroll records to the Finance Coordinator.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to
Member Service Coordinator Hiring Committee
Ryerson Students’ Union
55 Gould Street, SCC 311
416-979-5255 x 2325
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1E9
Deadline for Applications October 12, 2018
(If sending a “soft-copy” of your resume and cover letter via email, please ensure it is in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format (PDF))
▼ Download Job Posting
back to top