Bookings are open for the winter semester--- Book ONLINE Now!
Process to Follow
- Appoint one member of your executive to be the authorized room booker. Provide the name and contact information for this person to the Internal Coordinator at email@example.com no later than the start of September.
- All space must be booked a minimum of two (2) weeks in advance.
- Remember to include setup and takedown times within your booking request.
- Include all relevant details when booking a room, including the name of the event and if food will be served.
- For Student Centre bookings, please read the terms and conditions carefully once your room is confirmed.
You will be contacted via e-mail once your booking is confirmed. For Ryerson campus bookings, the RSU will forward you a room booking permit via email. This permit is required as proof for the room booking and must be brought to your event.
- Thomas Lounge, Oakham Lounge, and SCC115 may be booked a maximum of ONCE a week. If another room booking is required, one of the smaller rooms may be booked.
- Student Groups and Course Unions can book a maximum of two rooms per week between September to May.
- The Student Centre is closed on Sundays.
- Rooms must be cancelled no later than 48 hours in advance. Inform the Internal Coordinator immediately for cancellations at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the room, date, and time of the booking as well as the name of your group.
- You will be penalized for no-shows.
- At times it may be necessary for your room allocation to be changed. If so, it will be done no later than 24 hours prior to your event. Whenever a room allocation has to be changed, groups will be assigned a different space.
- Rooms must always be left as you found them. Remove garbage and any other materials you have brought in, otherwise you will be charged a cleanup fee.
- Your group must do any special setup that is required, otherwise you will be charged for setup and teardown.
- Special requests (chairs, tables, linens, etc.) must be received a minimum of two weeks in advance. Note that there is a charge for linens.
- If you require a cash bar, you must indicate the hours of the bar service. You will be charged for the bartenders’ services. Arrangements for the bar must be confirmed at least one week in advance and no later than the Wednesday of the week prior to the event.
- You may not bring in your own alcohol or serve alcohol yourself.
- Food must be served if alcohol service is provided.
Food & Beverage
- Any arrangements that have a cost (food, beverages, cash bars, etc.) must be approved through the Campus Groups Administrator before the event. Never make contact with either Ryerson Food Services or Student Centre catering until speaking with the Campus Groups Administrator first!
- You may bring your own food to any room in the Student Centre except for the Ram in the Rye.
- BBQ’s are available for use on the Ram patio, but must be booked as a catered event. You cannot operate the BBQ’s on your own.
- Purchase items such as pop, desserts, etc. at grocery stores – your budget will go much further.
- The RSU has discounted biodegradable cutlery, cups, plates, and napkins available for purchase at the Member Services Office. Contact the Member Services Coordinator for more information and pricing at email@example.com.
You must follow the following procedure in order to run movie nights:
- You cannot charge an admission fee
- You may, however, charge for refreshments at the event
- You may ask for a donation to your Student Group or Course Union (not for the movie)
- You can rent movies from Criterion Pictures (Ryerson has a viewing license – contact Lesley McRae at JOR-04 or 416.979.5000 x 7352 for more info). Films cost between $30-$40 to rent.
Other Fees & Charges
- There is a $3.75 per tablecloth fee in the Student Centre.
- A cleanup fee may be charged if a room is left soiled or littered.
- Late Closings: Occasionally, events may be held outside the Student Centre’s regular hours (before 8am or after 11pm Monday to Saturday) but will be subject to a minimum $70 labour charge, up to $200 (two staff must be scheduled for a minimum of three hours to operate the building).
- The RSU has made an investment in portable PA systems and data projectors for the use of Campus Groups when booking within the Student Centre. Many rooms in the building are already equipped with such equipment. Outside the Student Centre, arrangements can be made to reserve equipment on your behalf through Ryerson Media Services. To reserve any A/V equipment, visit the RSU Front Desk on the third floor of the Student Centre.
- No A/V equipment can be borrowed overnight or taken off campus.
Click below to download a list of available spaces to book on campus.
Click below to download information on how to book a fundraising event or social night at the Ram in the Rye.
Credit Union Lounge Bookings
All events in the Credit Union Lounge must be done in a manner to respect the neighboring offices and to ensure a free flow of traffic within and past the Lounge.
- No theatre style seating is permitted
- Tables must be set a minimum of four (4) feet back from the front of the pillars that border the walkway
- No materials, tables, or chairs are to be setup in the walkway
No speakers, lectures, or debates (with the exception of election debates) may be held in the Lounge.
Audio/Visual (During Working Hours)
- NO MUSIC is allowed in the Credit Union Lounge
- Microphones are not permitted
- Megaphones are not permitted
- Theatre style setup will not be permitted to view videos
- Sound may be used but not at levels that will disturb surrounding offices
Groups will be required to undertake in writing that all materials (written, visual, etc.) on display in the Lounge will be suitable for display in a public space by those that pass by (for example, not showing sexually explicit material or excessive violence). Failure to abide by these guidelines will result in immediate removal of the item and may jeopardize the continuance of the display. A group that does not execute this undertaking will be required to book an enclosed space.
Discrimination & Harassment Prevention
As with all activities on campus, groups are required to abide by Ryerson’s Discrimination & Harassment Prevention policy.
No group worship or prayer is allowed.
Breach of Guidelines
Breaches of the above guidelines will be referred to Student Services who will consult with the RSU on the future use of the space. Penalties may include loss of access to the space for one term.
Agape Impact is a campus movement dedicated to helping students discover the life-transforming message of Jesus. Branched from the larger organization Power to Change, our primary focus is to help post-secondary students across Canada experience...
The AMSA (Ahmadiyya Muslim Students' Association) at Ryerson University, is an auxiliary organization of the Worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Muslims who believe in the long-awaited Messiah, Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as). The focus of this...
Albanian Students' Association at Ryerson
Armenian Students' Association
Association of Ryerson Role-Players & Gamers (ARRG)
Bangladesh Students' AssociationBSAR was formed in 2003 with a mission to educate Bengali youths and the overall Ryerson community about the Bengali culture through various events hosted throughout the year. BSAR was established to setup a support...
We believe that our God is an awesome God, and we believe in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. We follow Jesus’ teachings and we love to learn more about Him and His love, while meeting new friends on campus. ...
The Coptic Orthodox Students' Association has been formed in order to unite the CopticChristians on campus and encourage them to grow closer to God through theirOrthodox Christian faith. The club will endeavor to serve the undergraduate students...
The RU Creative Writing Club, is Ryerson's newest student club. It is a safe space for all writers and lovers of literature regardless of year or program. We welcome all creative energies or minds, and look forward to getting started!...
Like cheese, soccer and the colour orange? Then the Dutch Students’ Society is the society for you. The DSS is the first ever Dutch student group on campus and was formed in 2013. Anyone is welcome to join us for fun events centred...
Fanatics Domain is an all-encompassing fan group for a variety of media. From books to TV shows to comics. From Star Trek to Game of Thrones to Disney. We are a group of people who want to get together and get way too excited about fictional...
The Game Maker’s Union (GMU) is Ryerson University’s game development club. Our goals are to make games, teach people various programming and design related skills, and creating an inclusive and supportive game development...
"The Indigenous Students Association is a student group on Ryerson campus designated to creating a professional and socially diverse community within Ryerson to support Indigenous students. Our vision is to build, amplify and maintain Indigenous...
IVCF is a Christian group that is a creative, diverse, and fun community of students at Ryerson. As a group, we aim to build meaningful friendships with each other, grow deeper in our faith, work for the good of our campus and in our...
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love Your Neighbour club is to help students to share their love to others and create a strong caring attitude in Toronto. This club offers volunteering opportunities and provides opportunities for students to go on missions to help out in...
MARS is a South Indian organization that celebrates Keralite culture. Our events are all-inclusive, and is an opportunity to network and enjoy FREE FOOD!
The purpose of our association is enhancement of understanding, friendship, communication among Chinese students and scholars in Canada. Our mission&nbs...
The Mature Student Association (MatSA) is a student-run organization focused on promoting social networking, support, resources and community interactions across all full-time and part-time students at Ryerson University.
We plan and host...
The RMS is a group for students that are either from Mauritius, or just curious/interested in the country and its culture. Our objectives are to primarily promote an understanding of the Mauritian community and culture and act as a peer supporter...
MESA is a student run not-for-profit organization, comprised of progressive and enthusiastic volunteers; motivated by the idea of creating positive changes within their community. MESA strongly believes that the unity of the Middle Eastern...
Do you like debate? Do you want to improve your public speaking skills? What about cross-university conferences? We offer you a friendly environment to exercise your political passion! We give students the opportunity to take on the role of...
Musicians@Ryerson is Ryerson's unofficial music faculty, open to musicians and music lovers alike. Whether you're an instrumentalists, vocalist, or even a dj, there is a Musicians@Ryerson event tailored to you. Our goals are to create a...
SCC - B30
Our goal is to build a community that is an integral part of the student movement and the Canadian society at large while preserving our unique Islamic identity.
The Organization of Latin American Students @RyersonU is a student group devoted to sharing the rich heritage and culture of Latin America.
CONTACT EMAIL: email@example.com
For too long poetry and spoken arts went unrecognized at Ryerson University. That is, until Poetic Exchange formed in early 2014. This student group is focused on fostering a community of artists that appreciate poetry, spoken word, and rap....
Welcome to the official Ryerson Poker Club facebook page! On this page you will receive updates about poker nights and special events.The cover for our tournaments will be $5 for RSU members and $10 for non RSU members, the games will be sit and...
We are a group of Ryerson students with the goal of entering a medically related field such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and optometry. We want to promote Ryerson’s growing strength in the medical sciences. We aim to provide...
RPA is a student group dedicated to representing the Punjabi students across the Ryerson campus. By holding various events throughout the academic year, the club aims to introduce and promote the values associated with the culture. The group...
This is a group for anybody interested in rhythm games to discuss, share, and meet with other rhythm gamers!We hold events where members can try out many different rhythm games and participate in game related events and competitions....
RU K-POP is a community for Ryerson K-pop fans to hang out, dance, sing, share, and express their love for K-pop, as well as learn about Korean pop culture.
This is a club at Ryerson University dedicated to all Ryerson students who love anime, manga, cosplay ... basically any animation fandom sub-genres. We're trying to resurrect Ryerson's Anime Society so that it can flourish and thrive once...
Ryeflix is a movie club where all are welcome. We screen movies from various genres and hold movie-themed parties. We also want to use the medium of film to bring up relevant topics and create a safe space for a diverse group of people to learn...
Our goal is to unite and build a community of East African students at Ryerson University. We want to provide a place for East African students to engage in the aspects of their cultural backgrounds and share their experiences with one...
Ryerson Student Emergency Response Team
RyeSERT is a volunteer based student group that provides on-site medical coverage at Ryerson events and in all Ryerson residences. We are students with backgrounds as firefighters, paramedics, first...
Facebook : Ryeswat Twitter : Ryeswat Instagram : Ryeswat
The Serbian Society of Ryerson plans to advance the particular interests of Serbians and/or Canadians fascinated by Serbian culture and to promote an understanding of Serbian customs to the Ryerson student communityemail: firstname.lastname@example.org...
To bring together students that will help support one another, build each other’s understanding of mental health issues, help to create initiatives on campus, create an environment that is non-judgmental and open-mindedwhile also...
Our mission is to foster friendship, goodwill, peace an unity among Sri Lankan students at Ryerson. We welcome newly arrived Sri Lankan students through a mentoring process in order to make it an exciting experience. We raise funds through events...
We're a student group embarking on the mission of raising awareness about the dangers of driving under the influence of drugs & alcohol.Impaired driving is an issue which can affect anyone of us at any moment. Many young people drive and many...
Students for a Free Tibet is a global grassroots organization advocating for Tibetans living in Tibet and taking action to help regain their freedom. This chapter at Ryerson was founded in 2010, and is run by Ryerson students. We work to...
our twitter: @SJP_Ryerson
our instagram: @SJP_Ryerson
SSI is committed to provide students with the opportunity to support the position of Israel in the Middle East, discuss fair media coverage of the area, and familiarize students with current events and Israeli culture. SSI’s activities will...
Tamil Students Association @ Ryerson University is a student group comprised and maintained by students for the purposes of uniting Ryerson’s Tamil student body. We are a non-profit group, operating solely to promote the culture and identity...
The Thaqalayn Muslim Association is a non-affiliated Muslim student association at Ryerson University.Among our objectives is to advance the interests of the group by educating RSU members on Islamic values and culture through the teachings of the...
The Ukrainian Students’ Club at Ryerson promotes the values & traditions of Ukrainian-Canadians. The club is an active forum for its members to connect and build relationships with one another, other clubs, other Ukrainian Student...
The Urban Hip-Hop Union (UHHU) is a student collective that aims to build a community on the foundation of the hip-hop culture and an outlet to empower students who want to bring hip-hop to Ryerson University.Twitter - @UHHURyersonInstagram -...
Vegans and veg curious students have a supportive environment free from criticism; where they can drop their constant defence on why they wish to live cruelty free. Students are given the tools and education for reducing their ecological...
YWAM - Grace is christian group for Korean students in Ryerson University and George Brown College. We have regular weekly campus worship and train for the summer mission trip.