Changing Your Status

If you have opted out in the past, all students have the opportunity to opt back in to the plan at the beginning of the benefit year. Application must be submitted online by completing an opt-in form at by the deadline. You will see the charge for the plan appear in your account in November (Fall Term start students) or March (Winter Term start students).

If your current comparable coverage used to waive the student plan(s) terminates during the academic year, you have 30 days from loss of coverage to notify the RSU Members’ Health and Dental Plan Administrator in order to be covered under the health and/or dental plan(s). You must provide payment of the fee as well as a written copy of notice of termination from either employer or insurance company. We will pro-rate the amount according to the remaining months of the benefit year, you can pay by cash or debit.  A letter from employer or insurance company stating the date you were terminated off this other plan must be submitted, and you need to complete an OPT IN form at our office.

If comparable coverage for your family terminates, you may apply to have your dependents covered under the health plan. It is your responsibility to apply for benefits. Please see the RSU Members’ Health and Dental Plan Administrator for further details.

Attention All Undergraduate Students Returning to Ryerson as Graduate Students

If you are a student who opted out of the Health and Dental plan during your undergraduate program and you are returning to Ryerson as a Graduate student, your opt out status will be carried forward. If you lost your benefits due to loss of coverage or age for your other plan, you MUST opt in to the plan within 30 days of losing coverage or in the Fall of the following year in order to ensure you are covered for Health and Dental benefits.

Any questions or inquiries please contact:

RSU Members’ Health & Dental Plan Administrator
Phone: 416-979-5255 x2311